Trust us; we’re soaking up every bit of summer that’s left. We hope you are too! But planning ahead is always a good idea, especially when it comes to maintaining your home.
The fall season will be here before we know it, so ServiceMaster by Ayotte is here to offer tips for you and your family, especially as we look to the upcoming school year and more people returning to work. Be diligent with your care — your home will thank you!
- Perform routine sanitization. We understand how tiring it can be to keep up with cleaning during this current pandemic, but we also understand how important it is. Wipe down high traffic areas and surfaces several times per week (or, if you have the time, every day.) For the larger sanitization and cleaning projects around your home, give our team a call.
- Clean or replace your gutters. Gutters are notorious for collecting a buildup of leaves and debris. While this may seem like a minor annoyance, clogged gutters can actually cause some major issues further down the line. If they aren’t properly addressed, water cannot drain effectively, which can lead to damage. Give your gutters some attention before the fall is over, and replace them as you deem necessary. If gutters are well maintained, a good rule of thumb is to replace them every 20 years or so.
- Check-in on your HVAC system. When was the last time you checked your HVAC? If there are any new noises or noticeable performance issues, it’s probably time to schedule service. It’s important to clean filters, vents, and any outdoor units. Unsure of what needs addressing? Contact ServiceMaster by Ayotte.
- Clean your wood-burning fireplace. Prevent fire risk in your home and bring new life into your living space by thoroughly cleaning your wood-burning fireplace. This is a task that is easily procrastinated during the warmer months, and for an understandable reason: you probably aren’t using your fireplace when it’s warm out! Take time this fall to address it, if you haven’t already. That way, you can thoroughly enjoy it once outdoor temperatures drop.
- Get big projects out of the way before the weather turns cold. Are there problem areas around your home that you’ve been putting off? Now is the time to address them! If you feel a little overwhelmed, we completely understand. You don’t have to do it all alone! Contact ServiceMaster by Ayotte today to schedule a cleaning or inquire about restoration services.
You can reach us seven days a week, 365 days a year: