The holiday season is fast approaching, and you have your whole family over! While this is one of the most exciting times of the year, it can also be stressful. We at ServiceMaster by Ayotte have put together a few of the top places to clean before your guest come over!
1) Declutter Everything!
Pick up all unnecessary clutter such as books, magazines, dishes, food, blankets, etc.
2) Put away personal belongings that you don’t want to be seen or broken
This step will most likely happen when you are decluttering, but you want to make sure all of your personal belongings are tucked away. Clothing, electronics, toothbrushes, and unmentionables in the bathroom or bedroom.
3) Living Room
- Vacuum the floors
- Fluff the pillows
- Set up extra tables if needed
- Dust the walls, baseboard and light fixtures
- If you don’t want the TV or DVD player used put away remotes and DVDs
- Clean the Floors
- Wipe Down All Kitchen Appliances
- Wash the countertops
- Wipe out the sink
- Wash the floors
- Clean the counters
- Scrub the toilet
- Clean the showers/make sure the shower doors or curtain look clean and neat
- Shine the mirror
6) The last step is to get the guest rooms ready if you have company spending the night!
- Wash the sheets and make the bed
- Put clean towels in the room for showers
Our goal is to take the stress out of cleaning. If you follow these few steps your holiday cleaning will be a breeze! We hope that you have a great holiday season and if you need any more home cleaning services contact ServiceMaster by Ayotte today.