With the stay-at-home order in Minnesota expiring on Monday, May 18th, the possibility of soon reopening businesses at some capacity is on everyone’s mind. The ServiceMaster by Ayotte team would be honored to help you safely prepare to open your doors.
Our team is prepared to offer your business a variety of cleaning options, whether you’re looking for a deep clean or a COVID- 19 preventative clean. By implementing these services, you are ensuring not only a safe environment for your employees and customers, but also a clean slate and fresh start for your business.
We wanted to take a moment and detail the processes and procedures that our team follows when approaching these types of cleanings. Let’s start by breaking down what our team members do step-by-step:
- Perform hand hygiene, followed by putting on proper personal protective equipment
- Remove trash and debris, and vacuum carpeted floors
- Clean and disinfect the ceiling
- Damp high dust
- Clean and disinfect the walls
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces
- Clean and disinfect all floors
- Inspect to ensure that everything was adequately completed
- Remove personal protective equipment
Following each and every cleaning, our equipment is sanitized and our personal protective equipment is properly disposed of.
We also recommend business owners review our COVID-19 Facility Reopening Guide, which we have attached to this post.
Here are the highlights from that guide:
- Educate your employees on how to return to work safely. Your employees rely on you for communicating relevant information regarding their workplace expectations. It is important to set the standard. Here are a few tips for ensuring the safety of your employees:
- Encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Enforce handwashing and reinforce personal hygiene practices to employees.
- Clearly communicate any new efforts you are putting in place — make sure all of your employees thoroughly understand the procedures you are implementing.
- Consider limiting exposure for your employees and customers even further: limit how many employees are able to work in your facility at once, maintain a 6 foot distance from one another when possible, stagger break times to ensure that less people are using common spaces at the same time, limit use of communal equipment like printers and phones — sanitize these as often as you can.
- Establish safe and healthy operations, within state guidelines. It is of the utmost importance for you to put a plan into place that makes sense for your business and its daily operations, while keeping the wellbeing of everyone involved in mind at the same time.
Consider following the guidelines on an interim business response to COVID-19, as issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Make sure that your response is clear and consistent across all boards of your business. All employees and customers should be responding within the specific guidelines that you put in place.
- Prepare a healthy work environment. At this point in the planning process, you’ve been putting in a lot of hard work. Now is the time to bring in the experts. At ServiceMaster by Ayotte, we can help prepare your work environment to be in its healthiest state for the return of your employees and customers. Although diligent disinfecting procedures will need to be put into place as an additional step in your workplace routine moving forward, our team can help get you off on the right foot. We use high standard EPA-approved products that have been shown to be effective in killing 36 strains of bacteria and three fungi, and 18 different viruses. We would be honored to have a hand in helping you open your doors to the community once again.
Here are a few additional steps to consider when prepping a healthy workspace:
- Improve your ventilation system by increasing the amount of outdoor air that is circulated through the system.
- Disinfect frequently used items and high-traffic areas around the workspace (we suggest using EPA-registered products).
As we move forward, please give ServiceMaster by Ayotte a call at (507) 366-7149 to set up a cleaning, or with any questions that you may have. We look forward to assisting you!